Well, I can now say I've had the most frightening experience of my life thus far. Friday, June 8, 2007 at about 5:40 p.m., I was in my living room contemplating a furniture rearranging session and I heard a man outside yelling. I thought...here we go, another crazy dude waiting for the bus. All of a sudden I heard someone yell FIRE! I went out onto my deck to look next door (they have a few huge bbq pits that are always on...unattended) and the man yelling pointed to the 2nd floor of my building. I looked up to see smoke billowing out of the second floor apartment and then all of a sudden a huge crash....the glass blew out of the window and flames started to shoot up the side of the building. All I remember is going inside, grabbing my purse, cell phone and keys and starting to dial 911. I saw some of my other neighbors outside and we all stood their watching the fire trucks roll up. The next door neighbors along with a very brave random man had grabbed fire extinguishers and garden hoses and were attempting to put out the fire. Once the fire trucks were in place, the firefighters entered the building. Within a half hour, the flames were out. We were finally allowed to re-enter the building about 7:30. By the grace of God, nothing in my apartment was damaged, nor did anything smell like smoke. How did I get so lucky?
1 comment:
Why did you get so lucky? Must be all that clean living. Wait, no, can't be that...give me a sec, I'll think of something....be patient....I'm working on it....oh! I know, it's, no wait, that's no good either. Sorry babe, I got nothing. ;-)
Post a Comment