After our brief hour nap, we fueled up (at this point I think I had eaten enough trail mix, tuna and hummus to last a lifetime) and waited for Van Tutu to arrive. Delirium began to creep in....rearing its head in some crazy ways......
The rest of the team arrived and we anticipated the arrival of Emma and cheered on Willy to begin our night time legs.
Ragnar rules state that anytime between 8:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m., you need to be suited up in a reflective vest, and blinkie light. I think I may have slept in mine at the Deception Pass sleep spot.

Willy was off, we needed to get Keith to his next spot, then it was my turn - 4 miles to run from a park along the Skagit River into downtown Mt. Vernon. I've never run in the middle of the night so there was a mix of giddyness, anxiety, fatigue after the 2nd mile - my legs were not happy.
The latest in reflective night wear
My second leg was a little sketchy - the first 2 miles were fine - a lot of traffic but not a big deal. Once I hit mile 2 I was running along a side road next to the freeway, then under a bridge where there were some makeshift "homes" set up. I dug deep and found a second gear somewhere and ran a fast mile up the hill. Once at the top, it was just another mile downhill to my finish.
Stay tuned for Ragnar Part III






No comments:
Post a Comment