Last night Geoff and I went to the U2 3D show in the IMAX theater at the Science Center – it was AWESOME!! You go in, get the super sexy 3D glasses – not the paper kind, but REAL glasses (yes, they sanitize after each showing). Sit back and wait for the excitement to begin….it’s like you are actually on stage with Bono, The Edge and the two other guys (they aren’t Bono or sexy so I don’t remember their names) at their show in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It’s so flippin’ cool. The 3D is so trippy – at one point, I thought Bono was reaching out to me to give him a high 5! Ok, I will point out that before the show, we went to dinner (at the Wingdome – I show my Valentine a good time!) and consumed several pints of beer which made the beginning of the show (for me anyway), absolutely hysterical and frightening all at the same – seriously – a 6 story Bono will scare the crap out of anyone, let alone if he’s coming right at you!
So, the moral of the story kids, is that you need to get to your nearest IMAX that is showing U2 3D and check, check, check it out. (yes, I’m a nerd and you all love me). For those of you who live in the boondocks – I don’t know how you’ll get to see this unless you come up to the big city to visit. Hint, hint. I’m sure it’s probably a roving show, I think it’s only here for a few more weeks.
Well worth the $10.50 a ticket – I give it two thumbs up and a smack on the bootie.
No comments:
Post a Comment