Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kicking the Big D

I've made a big decision.....ok, not catastrophically huge, but big.....I'm going to stop drinking Diet Coke.

It's my version of crack....well crack that's only consumed once a day, but by the gallon-load when I'm stressed. When stressed, some people chain smoke, some eat, some do other inane things...I drink the the brown carbonated beverage like the desert floor soaking up water during a monsoon. It's not pretty.

I kicked the big D several years ago and I know I can do it. I may just be a little grumpy while detoxing. (does one really detox from something they only have once a day?)

I gave up regular coffee about 7 years ago (I consumed WAY too much each day and switched to small amounts of decaf)....what's going to be so hard about my once a day habit?

Maybe if I continue to talk and obsess about it, I'll really make myself believe it's going to be easy. :-)

No comments: