
Headed out to San Juan Island on Friday for a weekend of sun, camping and relaxing with the Upstons. As I made my way north to Anacortes I forgot about the feeling I get as I near the ferry terminal. It literally feels as though the weight of the world is lifting off my shoulders and I'm fully able to relax and enjoy my time up in the Islands. (this feeling quickly dissipates if you get to the terminal and find out you're not going to be on the boat you were expecting to make.....thankfully, that didn't happen this trip).

I knew I was going to spend the majority of the day alone, with the Upstons arriving in the evening, so I meandered around the island, starting out at Pelindaba for a bit of lavender time. This is my second time to the Farm and it's still amazingly beautiful. All of the lavender, the buzz of the bees doing their business and the yummy smell of the flowers.
After my quality lavender time, I ventured into town and I sat on the deck of the restaurant/bar overlooking the ferry landing in Friday Harbor, watching the hoards of people getting off the boat and milling about town - I laughed a little and thought.....is this the Hampton's of the West? It was funny watching everyone from the family of 6 who looked like they were from the Midwest, to the Range Rover driving couple with the Chanel sunglasses and tennis whites.

Saturday started with a little reading time at the beach, watching kayakers get prepped to head out for the day. We then headed to Roche to meet Michael, have some lunch and hang out. Michael kayaked from Snug Harbor over to Roche. We had a great lunch at the pub - the people watching was spectacular! We spotted several face lifts, eyebrow lifts, and bunches of Botox. After lunch we meandered around the property, looking at the artisan booths, eating our weight in ice cream and stalking the wedding party that were sharing their nuptials with the everyone at Roche Harbor that day. We headed back to Snug Harbor, spent some good reading and relaxing time at the beach (after we donned our wool hats and long johns...no joke)
What a great weekend! I was sad to leave on Sunday - I wish it was easier (read: faster) to get to the San Juan's....we kept our eyes peeled for a potential single yacht owner, but didn't find one on this trip. Thanks to the Upstons for participating in another crazy adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment