Not really anything exciting to report. It's been a frenzy at work and I'm getting ready for a much needed vacation starting next week.
I probably won't post during the trip (I'm vowing this to be a technology free (somewhat) vacation).
A few days to relax and get organized around the house....then off to MAUI! Whoop!
When the opportunity came up to go to Hawaii, I wasn't jumping up and down. However, the closer I get to the trip, I'm actually getting really excited. I've not really taken relaxing vacations. Don't get me wrong, I think traipsing through Europe with a backpack for two weeks is relaxing... to me.....but I've never been one to want to sit by the ocean for an extended period of time. I think it's probably because I don't want to listen to all the thoughts rumbling around the inside of my head. But it's time. Time I slowed down and grasped the opportunity to go to an amazingly beautiful place, walk quietly on the beach each day, and eat my weight in pineapple.
We've got some fun excursions planned, but also a lot of unplanned time as well. I'll be zip-lining, trekking to the top of a 10,000 foot peak to watch the sunrise, go on a farm tour (this may excite me the most), snorkeling with turtles and hopefully no shark sightings.
I'm hoping to come back feeling Zen and looking a little off-white. I'm sure I'll be stopped by the TSA for the copious amounts of sunscreen that will be packed in my suitcase.
No comments:
Post a Comment