Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Maui, Hawaii

I've always been very honest about my feelings for Hawaii.  It's never been high on the list.  I spent a few days many, many years ago on Oahu and really never felt the need to go back.  Apparently until 2010.

What started out as a trip with Stacy and Marc, turned into girls trip filled with hysterical laughter, amazing beauty, unforgettable moments, and an overall amazing time with three great women.

I'm a convert.  I enjoyed Maui and I'd go back.  There, I said it.  Well, I'd go back but preferably only to Hana where it's totally isolated. 

Seven days of traipsing all over the island, I can say we covered a lot of ground.  We went hiking, meandered around the shopping spots, sailed, went boogie boarding, zip lining, had fantastic meals, went to a Luau, visited a farm, dairy, winery, made the trip to Hana...and sat on the beach. (probably not as much beach time as some would have liked)  :-)

Highlights and places I'd recommend in a heartbeat -

Maui Taco
Honolulu Cookie Company
Mala Tavern
Scotch Mist - super fun guys that will take you on a gorgeous sailing trip
The blowhole and mushroom rock - south end of the island
Skyline Eco Adventures - these guys made our zip line experience perfect
Hana Hotel (a perfect deck spot for an afternoon cocktail)
Kula Lodge
Mama's Fish House - a great meal in a beautiful setting
Hamoa Beach
Slaughterhouse Beach
O'o Farm
Surfing Goat Dairy
Kamaole II - our best boogie boarding day

I know I'm forgetting some things, but those are the highlights.

No comments: