Headed over to Chelan last month to do a bit of bike training and wine tasting. Two of my favorite activities in one weekend.....heck yes!
We stayed at the always luxurious Midtowner - that place cracks me up. It's fantastic for what it is, clean and less expensive than most places in Chelan. It's generally full of people who are over training for the weekend, getting in some heat and hills and it reminds me of the old school place we used to stay in Lake Tahoe.
Saturday morning we were up bright and early for a little swim in the lake.
Back to the motel to change into bike gear and head out for a 40 mile ride. It was a hysterically funny day for me - coming off an ankle injury and not able to climb very quickly, I was passed by a child going up my first hill. A CHILD. After shaking my head and getting back to business, 40 miles went pretty quickly and I coasted back to the Midtowner for a shower and to get ready for the main event of the day.......Wine Tasting!!
We went to a few wineries, but my favorite was Hard Row to Hoe. Such a fun place with a hysterical story and fantastic wine. I really enjoyed all of the wines we tasted - I haven't given Chelan the proper winemaking kudos. They make some really great wines over there.
So, after several tastes and a few bottles to go, I joined the wine club. What a great excuse to head over the mountains every couple of months.



No comments:
Post a Comment