Friday, March 22, 2013

It's been one week.....(name that band)!



Oh brother.  It's been a sh*% storm around here for a while.  Work is great but incredibly busy (stressful) and fun.  It's been Girl Scout cookie time - and my lovely troop (who are now all 14 and 15!!) has been out there selling away, which means a little chaos and cat herding for our little troop.  Throw in trying to have some sort of life and also...you know....train for the Vancouver Half (May) and that little Half Ironman that's the mother of all of my races in July.  I'm a little tired.

Let's not forget the foot pain that's been hindering my running for the last couple of months.  Diagnosis was Plantar Fasciitis, have been wearing the sock, doing the elliptical, started PT (which Holly, my PT, basically runs a metal stick up and down my foot and calf, and makes it hurt so bad that I scream obscenities.  Well, the PT helped a LOT....but not enough.  Last Friday....I got a cortisone shot IN MY HEEL!  It was awful.  I cried.  I know I'm almost 40 but that mother f'er HURT!  After 2 days of only cycling and swimming, I took the foot for a test run on the elliptical.  4 miles of BLISS!  No pain other than tenderness at the injection site.  HELL YA!  Another 2 miles yesterday and I'm feeling pretty darn awesome.  The test will be tomorrow - 3-5 miles outside.  I'm saying a little prayer for this one.  Vancouver is in jeopardy, I'm not where I should be as far a miles and I can't risk getting injured trying to make it up.  Vineman is the prize so we'll see how things progress in the next few weeks.  I'm going to be smart and listen to Coach Lesley.  Really, I am. 

No comments: