Friday, May 14, 2010

Wine-o report - Zillah

I was invited on a wine trip last weekend to Zillah.  Well, actually to Yakima, but Zillah is where we did most of our tasting.

It was a little sad knowing that it was going to be such a beautiful weekend in Seattle, but heading east over the mountains and to 90 degree weather sounded even better.  A little dose of warm to brighten up a chilly spring.




We started off on Friday afternoon at a few tasting rooms in downtown Yakima.

Kana - tasty reds, good whites.  A few bottles of white and red came home with me, and I can't wait to drink it.
Gilbert Cellars - really nice tasting room - we sampled wines and had yummy tapas.  The tempranillo port came home with me.  I'm not really a port drinker but this was fantastic.

Saturday morning was a whirlwind tour of a ton of antique stores which had very interesting and eclectic items.  I've never been an avid antique store shopper, but going with 5 other ladies made for an interesting morning.

Back at the hotel, the driver picked us up and drove us out for a day of good wine drinking.  We ventured to Cultura, Portteus, Maison de Paget, Knight Hill and Windy Point.  I supported the local economy and brought home about a case of wine.  It was a fun day and I look forward to heading out that way again.

No comments: