Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vancouver Half Marathon - May 1, 2011

RACE DAY!!!!!

I've walked many half marathons but this morning was different....I was running my first half marathon.  It was a GREAT day - I felt amazing, I gave a two bird salute to my nemesis...mile 9, I finished strong and with a smile.  I am very lucky to have a great running partner, an amazing and inspirational coach, and great friends who support me in this crazy journey to seize the half ironman.

Step 1.  Run half marathon
Stay tuned for more fun and games.
 Stacy, Me and Sheena ready to go, bright and early!
 Sheena, Coach Lesley, me and Stacy before the start of the race
 Our pre-race warm up gear
 I felt like a giant tootsie roll
 Game faces....aka...tearing up a little before the race began. 
I felt pretty emotional that morning, the culmination of a lot of perseverance and hard work.
 Feeling good in the early miles
 Still feeling good after a few more miles
 FINISH!!!!!
 Post race laying in the grass....getting up was a bit of a problem.
The BEST ice bath EVER!!!!

No comments: