Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ephrata Fun

October was a big blur, but I did spend one fun weekend at the Becker Compound in Ephrata.  We trekked over Friday afternoon then the rest of the group trickled in the next morning. 

I generally have the same reaction, at about the same location each time I drive over to Eastern Washington.  It's usually somewhere close to Ellensburg where I proclaim how dry it is over there.  I can actually feel my skin tightening and frantically reach for the hand creme and chapstick.

I am also amazed by how many windmills have gone up in the last few years.  There's something eerily fascinating about them.  I could do a post on all the photos I've taken on the drives over....I'm mesmerized by them.  Kooky, I know.  I think that's part of my charm.  :-)



It's always a great time in E.WA - we spend a lot of time hanging out.  Going for walks through the yard, down the road or into the barn to feed Harley.


 I love it when we all get together - it's the large family I never knew I wanted (says the only child). Usually there's at least 8 of us, plus kids. I cherish the time spent with my good girlfriends and their husbands and super cute kids. Maybe a MAS commune is a good idea after all. :-)

No comments: