Ran some last minute pre-trip Christmas errands in Ballard this afternoon...hitting up my usual spots, farmers market, Savour, other fun shops along old Ballard ave. On the list was ornaments, wild boar salami, some veggies, and a partridge in a pear tree (or 1 quail...preferably frozen...for papa Felix). As I was meandering down at toward the end of the market, there was dancing and general merriment going on.....it was a Norwegian dance troupe! I stopped to watch the older folks dancing around to their heritage music.....that's when I noticed that the dances and costumes were strangely familiar.....to the BASQUES! It was cute seeing the dedication this group of people has to their heritage. Do you see the similarities? :-)
Norwegians

Basques
Similar, non? :-)
Wasn't successful at my usual places....I think too many people have discovered the tastiness of the wild boar. I'll have to dig deep into my list of secret places to find the goods before I leave on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment