Sunday, July 22, 2012

Southern Oregon in May

Memorial Day weekend consisted of wine tasting and soccer watching. 

After watching Parker's soccer game (super cute 6 year olds), the first stop of the day at Valley View Winery - they were pouring some tasty pinot verticals.   Didn't stay too long - we were on a mission to cover four wineries before going back to watch some of Skyler's soccer tournament. 



Next stop - Cowhorn. I had not been here before, but Karen had introduced me to Spiral 36 last year, a blend of Viognier, Roussanne and Marsanne.  So good.  We learned a little about the vineyard - biodynamic, and also a working organic farm.




From there we headed to Wooldridge, my favorite winery in the Applegate.  The wines are really good, the view and atmosphere are always fantastic.  I always am eager to get my hands on their sparkling release each summer and was so excited to find out that even though it hadn't been officially released yet, I could buy a few bottles.  It never disappoints...and secretly...that's why I went down to "visit my parents"



The last stop was Troon for a glass of Druid's Fluid, a blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel. 

Out on the patio, we enjoyed some yummy tapas while listening to a great band that played some old school tunes. 

A great way to spend Memorial Day weekend - friends, wine, parents.

No comments: