Thursday, May 22, 2008

Completely switching gears

Memorial Day weekend....other people will be hanging out, having BBQ's, enjoying the sunshine.....me, on the other hand, will begin my serious training for the Danskin Triathlon that I signed up for a couple of months ago. I am good about going to the gym, I'm still walking a ton, but now there aren't any more excuses....I've got a half mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run to do one after another - no breaks in between. I also need to figure out this whole swimming in the lake thing - I'm not particularly fond of open water and I'm really not fond of swimming with hundreds of other people, in my space. Hopefully the regular lap swimmers at the gym will greet me with open arms and not scowling faces when I invade their territory at the pool this weekend.

All in all, I'm not too worried about the event. I know I'll finish. I know that there will be people who finish after I will. I know that I'm really strong and this will be just another challenge to check off the list. What I don't know is if I'll make it through without crying....out of pain, frustration or emotion. I guess I'll find out for sure on August 17th!

No comments: