A milestone has been reached in this training adventure. 10 miles on a trail (read: wide, open, not muddy) - Snoqualmie Valley Trail, I'll see you again soon!
We were dropped off at the starting point - just east of North Bend, at the trail head. We were wished well, made sure we had fuel and told, "See you at the turn!"
Starting on the trail, we knew we had 5 miles to go before we were greeted with smiles and water so off we went! 5 miles of 2% up. It was a good experience, we ran, then we walked, we made bargains for how far we'd run after 3 minutes of walking. It was a gorgeous trail, we found some snow, and overall the weather was cooperative. We made it to 5, got some words of encouragement, water and were told to get movin!
5 miles back of gently downward trail was glorious! I felt strong which was a bit of a pleasant surprise after the 5 miles up. It was at mile 9 that I finally felt some fatigue in my knees and quads, but I knew there was only 1 mile to go. CL met us about a half mile before the end - she was beaming like a proud mom, escorting us to the finish.
The next long run is back down to 6 miles - relief!
Vancouver Half- I'll see you on May 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment