Well, here we go.....the countdown is on to half marathon day in Austin.
February 19th is the big day. I'm excited to travel with a fun group of people to the race! I've definitely encountered some issues while training for this one, but overall I think I'll be just fine. I'm working through some aches and pains but hope for at least a 20 minute faster time than my last half. I can easily do it if I can keep my focus and run my own race.
The weather is going to be a factor. When I left yesterday morning for my long run, it was 29 degrees outside. I've been running with an extra layer on (temps are usually in the upper 60's, low 70's in Austin), so we'll see what happens!
Here's to a fun trip, great race....and experiencing Texas!

1 comment:
I'm excited for you, Elena (and sorry that I'm just now catching up with your blog). I will be racing that weekend, too, but just five miles. :^)
Best if luck and enjoy Austin. It's a great town.
Post a Comment