Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow!

I'm ok with the names people are calling Seattleites - snow wimps, etc.  We don't get it that often - that's not our fault.  Sheesh!

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I've trekked to the office the last few days.  Of course, it's been with the assistance of a co-worker picking me up in a 4WD Jeep. It's been adventurous.  :-)  Early, early mornings to make sure our properties are being de-iced, plowed and safe for tenants to come to work.  By the look of the garage and parking lots - there were about 7 people working on our campus yesterday.  In order to avoid gnarly freeways - yesterday afternoon ended a little early to take part in a group gathering at a warm spot with good drinks in Ballard.  bitterroot - a small, quaint little restaurant with a back bar that's even smaller - but has tasty, creative beverages.  That was way more festive than sitting in our office in Bellevue. Thank goodness for 4WD.

Here's the view from my deck this morning - it's an ice skating rink on my street.  I've watched cars and buses inch along....and several pedestrians slide along the sidewalk.


Today, I'll be working from Command Control - aka- the dining room table.  I wish I had a furry friend to keep my feet warm. 

No comments: