Alright, last night when I posted, I was VERY short on time - so we'll go back to the beginning...
The plane ride from Seattle was actually very pleasant....except the woman sitting to the left of me across the aisle....she had a CAT! Enough said.
We arrived in Amsterdam on Wednesday morning - bright and early. After successfully navigating the airport and transportation system, we were deposited in the heart of it all. A short walk to the Maes B&B to meet Ken and Vlad - the two very nice men who were renting us an apartment. (they also run 2 very smartly decorated B&B's) Our apartment is centrally located to everything - a 5 minute walk to the Dam, 10 minutes to the Red Light, 7 minutes to the yummy bakery.
The Rijksmuseum was great - all of the Rembrandts next to each other - it was glorious! Off to the Van Gogh - I almost wept when I saw the sunflowers. It's so amazing to get close to the art that was created so long ago. Anne Frank was last night - I can't wait to get home to re-read the book. It was quite a somber tour, but so worth it. Last night we ate tapas outside along a canal while the sun went down - what a way to spend a vacation!!!!
1 comment:
Yummy bakery in amsterdam...hmmmmmmmmm
Hope you're having a blast,koren.
Post a Comment