Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Things nobody warned us about.....

Seriously - when you book a two person sleeper car on a train, bring a shoe horn. Neither of us had any idea what to expect, so when we boarded the train and found our room, we were quite shocked! I wasn't expecting a palace, but at least something that had enough room for us both to stand at the same time! It was hysterical....and now we know.

In our hotel in Munich - in order to get any of the lights to turn on, you must insert your room card into this weird little slot (for which there are no directions). I think it took us about 15 minutes of brainstorming before we gave up and found the maid (who was of no help either). Finally there was light! These Germans are quite efficient.

In order to use the bathroom at most places, you have to pay! Not pay in the door, you have to pay a little old woman who sits by the door. Hmmm. What a job!

Everything else has pretty much been as expected, although we've eaten two mystery meals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, mystery meals...you can just taste the intrigue!!!

Anonymous said...

Each day I think of which city you are at, but naked old men, pay old women to potty and mystery food??? I can only think of whats next...Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You have to pay to go to the restroom!! I would hate run out money in that town. Sounds like you two are having great adventures. I can't wait to hear the full story when you get back.