Well, the trip has ended. I'm back in Seattle, and am recovering from jet lag. It was an amazing time - Cory and I had so much fun. I can finally post some photos, so check out what is here and I'll post more within the week - I took about 350 pictures and Cory took about the same...yikes! Don't worry, I won't make people sit and watch the never ending slide show.....just the highlights.
I have to say that I'm glad to be home.....well, I think the truth is I'm glad to not be carrying a 45 pound pack anymore. The morning we left Paris, we were walking to the Metro at 6:30 a.m. and all I could think of was that in an hour, we'd arrive at Charles de Gaulle and I wouldn't have to carry that stinking heavy thing a moment longer! My arms are really, really strong after two weeks of lugging that thing around.....anyone want to arm wrestle? :-)
Everyone has asked what my favorite city on the trip was and I would have to say that each place had at least one standout favorite. In Amsterdam, it was riding bikes in the tulip fields, laughing so hard we had to stop. In Munich, it was the day trip to Salzburg and the Mountain Lakes region - I think my next trip is going to be Austria - it was breathtaking. In Paris, I think it was standing at the base of the Eiffel Tower and looking straight up....well that and the crepes. :-)
I enjoyed each of the different cultures - possibly incorporate some of their ways of life into mine.
I look forward to the next adventure.....two weeks until the 1/2 marathon.....I was a little nervous about going on this trip so close to the race - I kept thinking I may not get enough walking in while on the trip. I need to not think so much......I would say we probably averaged at least 6 or 7 miles of walking each day. So, I think I'm ready to take on the 13.5 mile challenge.
My mind is still a little fuzzy from travelling, so I will probably post some good stories about places on our trip in the next few days, so keep checking the site.
No comments:
Post a Comment